Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Hawksbill Greenway Walk & Lunch at Nearby Restaurant - Register by June 21
Thursday, June 24, 2021, 11:00 AM
Register online by June 21. You must login to the website to register.
Members pay for their own charges
Join us for a walk on the Hawksbill Greenway, a lovely paved, W/C accessible pathway along the creek in Luray. We will walk about 1/2 mile, and then turn around and return to the parking lot. For those who wish to walk slower or desire less hiking, feel free to adjust your time or turn around as you wish, and the group will join you in the parking lot when they return.
After the walk, at about 12:30 PM, we will go for lunch at a nearby restaurant where we can eat outdoors and participants can personally select and pay for individual lunches.
- Allow 45 – 60 mins driving time from Park View.
- Hawksbill Greenway Parking is at S. Hawksbill Street in Luray.
- Go 211 East to Luray
- Turn right onto Business 211 East (Main St) to downtown Luray
- Turn Right onto S Hawksbill St, just before bridge over Hawksbill Creek
- In about 200 feet, parking lot is on left: well-marked, lots of spaces
Rain date: Monday, June 28
Come join in the fun!